Loom Connections network overview
Loom Connection is NedGraphics’ solution to control and manage your electronic jacquard looms and link them with your design archive. Track the status of your weave jobs, do effective version management, monitor loom efficiency, capture, store and transfer loom parameters, add information to weave jobs, automatically rearrange harness layouts; Loom Connection provides you with full control and minimizes errors, 24/7.
Loom Connection can be fully integrated with NedGraphics’ Jacquard Pro and third party solutions. Loom Connection delivers production data to the right jacquard controllers at the right time. The system also allows loom operators to retrieve jobs from the server. When the loom operator modifies production information the adjusted pattern can be merged directly with the original.Loom Connection enables effective and consistent design management. Current designs can never be overwritten without prior notification. Amendments made on the loom controller can be stored directly in the original database. Corrections are automatically incorporated into the production data the next time it is sent over the network. E-mail notifications can be issued to timely anticipate production flaws or controller availability. Loom Connection can be integrated with any existing planning system.
Highlights and features
- Supports ALL Bonas(200/250/400/500/600/800), Stäubli (JC4,JC5,JC6 & JC7) and Grosse controllers.
- Automatic harness conversion: only 1 master card needed.
- Currently support for Dornier AT II and FT1 panels and Picanol ID2/3 dobby looms.
- Create weaveplans for all Stäubli, Bonas & Grosse jacquards.
- Send a complete package to the controller at once.
- Pre-define cleaning of designs on the controllers.
- Centralized system for all production data (cards).
- Visualize current status of weaving mill in one screen.
- Import weave orders directly from Excel.
- Handle loom parameters per design.
- Automatic card transformations can be applied by using macro functions.
- Improved handling of loom parameters (speed, density, warp tensions etc. …..) for Stäubli JC5,JC6 & JC7 format.
- Extended planning including Weave Programs, titles and weft or box motion rearrangements.
- Macro’s allow Loom Connection to modify (part of) the card just before it is sent to the Jacquard controller. This allows you to tune data to the loom’s specifics.
- Collect loom status information with the Monitoring module.
THE MOST ADVANCED SOFTWARE IN ITS BRANCH ON THE MARKET
NedGraphics offers a low entry level solution for connecting your looms directly to your design software resulting in minimum annual cost savings of EUR 2.500 per loom. We can offer this service for an exceptional low amount per loom per month (plus professional service fees for the installation and set-up). There is no minimum amount of looms required making this service for the first time available for small companies.
NedGraphics Loom Connections is a true Cost Saver for your production facility. The main purpose of our industrial solution is to provide real monetized benefits because of a reduction of material and labour costs, increased loom efficiency and higher output.
Our industrial solution:
- Reduces material waste or inferior quality by reducing human errors in areas of the weaving production process.
- Increases loom output by reducing standstill of the machine due to controlled and centralized production data.
- Reduces labour costs by automating and reducing manual tasks.
A maximum coverage of jacquard and loom types Unlimited functionality and formats
10 points why Loom Connection can be beneficial for your company!
1. Design department will save time by not having to create multiple jacquard designs
When working with different loom manufacturers and or different jacquard setups, the design department spends a lot of time making conversions. Loom Connections will take away this task from the designers and automatically manages harness conversions and output file formats, 24/7.
2. Automated tasks on the controller with Weave Programs.
Weave programs on a jacquard controller will automatically weave x repetitions of a designs and then switch over to the next design. Between design changes or after x meters woven a small cutting part can be inserted. These fully automated programs can be created with the Loom Connection software and send together with all the needed designs in one package to the jacquard controller.
3. Automatic activation of design or weave programs on the controller.
Starting the wrong design on the loom can mean B quality fabric. If there are a lot of design changes on the looms (even with little design changes) there is always a percentage of wrong design startups. By means of a weave ticket barcode scan or predefined planning, Loom Connection can automatically activate the correct design or weave program on the controller during article change taking one step away for the weaver (Weave-Gate does not start the loom).
4. Automated card operations with Loom Connection macros.
Starting Production files can be changed on the fly for special actions by the Loom Connection card macros, saving time at the design station or removing tasks from the weavers.
A couple of macro examples are:
- Automatically changing selvages based on loom or design types.
- Automatically changing weft box motion sequence based on loom types.
- Weave the design title at the start or end of the design (or both).
- Adding fringes to the start and end of designs.
5. Monitor your weaving room.
Monitor production efficiency based on designs, shifts or looms. Display instantly where you have production efficiency problems. Monitoring data is gathered directly from the jacquard controllers.
6. Faster design changes, latest versions on the controllers.
Changes to designs made in the design studio or changes made to the card directly on the controller will be stored on the central server. The design changes will automatically be transferred to the controllers where the design is present to make sure you always have the latest version of the design on the loom. If a design is running on a loom and changed by the design studio, an email will be send to the responsible person to take actions.
7. Handle loom parameters together with the design.
When sampling your design, certain loom parameters are set to weave the product with a certain quality. These loom parameters can be stored together with the design on the central server and when the design goes onto production looms the loom parameters from the design can be automatically transferred to that loom. This action will save time for the weaver as he can get the machine operational much faster.
8. Incorporate all Loom Connection automated features through the advanced planning module.
Whether using the automated macros, weave programs or activation, these actions can be called automatically from any external planning system. An external planning system could tell Loom Connection which designs, amount of repetitions or for example a customer name at the end that needs to be woven. Loom Connection will create one program package and activate this at the loom when getting an article change signal (barcode or declaration through monitoring).
9. Email notifications to individuals for potential problems.
Loom Connection keeps track of all communication between the server and the controllers and keeps track of the state of the controllers. When a problem does occur Loom Connection will automatically send emails to the person in charge to highlight the problem.
Potential problems can be:
- A design is updated in CAD but running on certain machines.
- A design cannot be send to the loom for certain reasons.
- Controller state is not correct (disk almost full, etc…).
10. User definable reports can be generated.
User definable reports can be generated, can also be automatically printed at the end of a shift, day, week etc. Declarations can be entered directly on the controllers. Detailed monitoring data is gathered on the machines and on designs woven. This is not possible with other monitoring “only” systems.